Tuesday 10 July 2012

......Red Vine?

Wow! what a couple of weeks
It’s not even mid-week yet and it’s already been jam-packed with tons of things! I best start with what I mentioned in my last post...my exam results...
Drum roll please..........I PASSED!  I am officially a second year student of university now, and that prospect is terrifying! I now have to go back to university and have people in a younger year than me again. It’s like being back at secondary school, only cooler and filled with a lot more takeaways. I am no longer a “fresher”, but to be honest I will always be a fresher at heart. I loved my first year with every fibre in me. Yes, I experienced stuff that I hoped I would never come across again. Yes, I challenged myself to try new things. And yes, I got my heart broken a few times, but that’s life isn’t it? You’ve got to roll with the punches and take what comes your way. I am very much a believer in fate, and that everything happens for a reason, but I always believe that we can all choose our own paths in life. We always have a choice. Corny as it sounds (and believe me it sounds corny) I live by that philosophy. I also live by the saying that “In life, it’s not about the amount of breathes you take, it’s about the moments that take your breath away.”
God I’m oozing with cheesiness today!
Getting these exams results has given me a new lease of confidence. I feel like I can accomplice anything that university throws my way! Bring on second year!
In other news, I have a job!! How awesome is that!! I genuinely thought I wouldn’t stand a chance at getting the job, even though my interview went really well. I got the e-mail today saying I got the job and as I was out at the time, I couldn’t really celebrate in my usual fashion (running around shouting “I got the job!! I got the job!!” I literally skipped home, which is very hard to do with 2x2 litre bottles of Dr Pepper in my hands, and I danced and pranced around my living room. Suffice as to say, I got some weird and confused looks off my dog Daisy. I am now an employee of Sainsburys, the giant supermarket about 10 minutes from my house. I am working the night shifts, which means I might actually be tired when I go to bed. I become something of a night owl recently due to the combination of doing sod all during the day and the large amounts of caffeine entering my blood stream. I’m sure if doctors took a blood sample from me today they would find large quantities of Dr Pepper. I have a serious addiction to it, but at least the first stage of curing an addiction is admitting you have a problem.
To fill you in on another piece of exciting news, my brother has now flown off to America for 6 weeks. I am so proud of him for making quite a big decision to do this. He’s been looking forward to this trip for months, and even purchased his ticket on our birthday. He seemed so happy when we dropped him off at the airport this morning at 5am (Yes you read that right, 5am!) I, unfortunately, couldn’t stop myself from crying. It was an extremely emotional moment, seeing my brother off into the unknown, but I’m glad that he will be safe out there. I am going to miss him an awful lot. After all he is my little brother (It’s only by 2 minutes but I’m still older) and me and him have been pretty much been a constant in each other’s lives, and so him being 4,600 miles away from the person you grew up with is very hard. He would hate me for calling him my little brother, especially as he is about 6 inches taller than me, but he’s nearly 5,000 miles away, so I’ll just face his wrath over Skype. He said to me he will try and bring me back some” Red Vines”. (If you have ever seen “A Very Potter Musical” and “A Very Potter Sequel” then you’ll understand my excitement over getting this sweetie) He also said he would try and bring us back some “Twinkies” which I am incredibly excited about. To basically round this paragraph up as I appear to be rambling, is that I am so proud of my brother and I hope he has the best time out in America. I will miss him so much while he is out there.
Anywho, not really had much to say today, but I shall write more once I’ve started my new job!

Live long and Prosper

H. x

2 comments:

  1. Dear H,
    I've been reading your blogs recently and have found them very moving. Your passion for writing is unprecedented as is your vigour for life. I love the idea that you can achieve anything at the moment and the world is your oyster. I'm currently studying sports journalism at staffordshire university and have recently passed with a first class honours, you are example to lead by and I hope and pray you continue blogging as I feel you have great potential.
    May the Force be with you
    ES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ES,

    Thank you very much for your lovely words, they mean a lot to me and I feel so happy to read them.
    I hope that you find good fortune in your future career in sports journalism.
    Once again thank you so much for your kind words, do you have a blog, if so I would love to read it.

    H.x

    ReplyDelete