Monday 30 July 2012

I pity the fool who's illogical!

Hi everyone from around the world!!

The Olympics has arrived! And following the social trend of blogging about it, guess what I’m doing....So far the Olympics have been on TV for 3 days, and all I’ve watched is the opening ceremony, and even that was in the wrong order.
I should explain....
I work in the evenings so on the night of said opening ceremony, I wasn’t able to watch the first 2 hours. The bits I watched live were the people walking in with the countries and the lighting of the torch....which was amazing! Not gonna lie (My mum says this is my catchphrase) I was crying through the torch lighting. It was so lovely. Go Sir Steve Redgrave!!! I then proceeded to watch the previous 2 hours which was just as good. Everyone was saying that the technology bit was not needed, but I thought it was just great! My favourite bit was with Rowan Atkinson and the “Chariots of Fire” sequence....enough said.
Here, if you missed it, have a gander now:

So with the ceremony over, the games began. As I said before I haven’t watched any of it. That’s not being patriotic, that’s me being honest. Who else will willingly admit they haven’t watched it without feeling embarrassed. I honestly don’t have much interest in sport unless I am actually participating in it. I will make the odd excuse from the rule when a fit athlete makes an appearance, which can only mean one thing....Tom Daley. He is everyone young girl’s dream, and every adult’s dream child. He is studying his A Levels a year early and passing them with nothing lower than an A grade. He also keeps himself healthy and is a lovely person. He is also smokin’ hot.....I’ve never used that phrase before; god knows why I’m saying it now. Anywho, today he competed for the synchronised 10m dive with his diving partner Pete Waterfield. They started off being joint top but slumped to 4th place, just missing out on the medal stage.
Now coming 4th place is still a damn good achievement. To get to that point where you can say that you are the 4th best at something in the world deserves a round of applause
But what did Tom Daley get.....abuse.
I believe in naming and shaming, so the name of the internet troller that abused on Twitter was called @Rileyy_69. He tweeted to Tom Daley “You let your dad down I hope you know that.” Now that is a horrible thing to say, especially after he lost his father to cancer May last year. And that wasn’t the only comment that he made: “Hope your crying now you should be why can't you even produce for your country” and “You really didn't try your best tommy you said you'd do your country proud and you let us all down rather support a tramp” where comments this guy decided to make over the internet. What blooming cheek! Tom has made a brave decision to go out and compete for his country....did you do that too?
People have said that I can get on with pretty much anyone, but there is no way I could be friends with someone that bullies someone else to make them feel better about themselves. I can’t stand the way people think they can get away with saying comments like that over the internet. The World Wide Web is not a mask for your mean side. If someone decided they were going to be mean to me online, and believe me there have been people that have done it, I wouldn’t stand for it. I would stand up for myself and fire back the comments made towards me, which is exactly what Tom Daley did. To think there are people out there capable of doing stuff like that and not even caring is even worse. But to add to it, the guy tried to justify and apologise for what he said, claiming that he just got so excited about Tom and the Olympics that he was really disappointed that he didn’t win and that he was sorry.
I have one thing to say to that.....WHAT THE F**K!!
You just don’t do that!! If you were truly sorry about what you said it, here’s a thought...DON’T SAY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! God, logic obviously failed today.
I really should stop writing; I’m turning into that guy on Twitter. I don’t know who @Riley_69 is, I probably never will, but I’m starting to say mean things online, which is exactly what I am against. Too many times has social pressures changed me into something I’m not, but this time I’m stopping myself before I go too far.
Let’s hope the rest of the Olympics is filled with team spirit from everyone: The team, the supporters....everyone.
Go Team GB!!

Live Long and Prosper
H.x

No comments:

Post a Comment