Thursday 2 February 2012

Reality TV can eat my shorts!

I don't know if i've mentioned this before, but i'm from Essex. That's right, Essex.

This does not mean I am from "The Only Way Is Essex"

I hate being compared to that show. It's TV gone mad!! I do not have a fake tan, hair extensions and go around saying "shut up!" elongating every syllable!

And that's the same for every other "reality" TV program. I use this term loosely, but since when is reality being locked in a house full of cameras for 6 weeks? It's insane that something so silly has taken over our entire lives. We hold off on going to places because this rubbish is being broadcast to the world. What other countries film their citizens live and stream it to the world? Other than America (there ones in all fairness are hilarious seeming as they are so outlandish) no other country protrays their people like we do. It's, and I know this is harsh, it is humiliating.

Everytime I go out, or even mention that I'm from Essex, I get questions thrown at me left, right and centre about if i've ever met the cast, do I hang out with them. The most idiotic question i've been asked, and bear in mind that I told this person that I know no-one from TOWIE before they had even asked the question, was "What's Amy Childs like away from the camera?"

I walked away from that in a fit of anger.

I'm more of a fiction program person myself. I love a good murder program like "Murdoch Mysteries" or maybe science fiction programs or documentaries, but if you shove reality television in my face, I will shove a fist back into yours.

After all, I have enough reality to deal with during the day, why would I want to have to deal with while i'm watching TV relaxing?

H.x

No comments:

Post a Comment