Tuesday 10 January 2012

Stoke-On-Trent: The first stop on the way to TinselTown!

You'll never guess what I've gone and done...I've signed up for an acting website!

What was I thinking? I mean I love acting (I'm part of my uni drama society so the love for it has increased) but this is taking it to a WHOLE new level. Part of me is really excited, part of me is terrified! I've paid for 6 months membership, so if I haven't had any jobs in that time I'm leaving it, but a friend of mine has been on that website for a little while and he's had tons of acting jobs in that time. I think I'm going to get my money's worth....

I've been on this acting website for 1 hour and I've already signed up for my first role. No idea if i'll get it but it's worth a try. Sounds like a good role as well. I would say it will add to my ranges that I can do, but this would be my first role outside of Drama society so I don't really have a range to speak of....

What if I actually get this role? It's local thank goodness but what if I actually get it? To me it means that the casting director, or the person looking at the applications genuinely believes I have what it takes to act this role. That's A LOT of pressure! I need to just keep telling myself that I can do it. But what if I don't get the role? To be honest I applied for that role on a complete fluke so I won't be surprised if I don't get it, but I will be a bit disspointed if I don't....surprisingly....

No comments:

Post a Comment