Monday 16 January 2012

Birthdays....who knew?

So it was my birthday a couple of days ago...YAY!!!

I love birthdays. Doesn't matter if it is my own birthday or someone else's, I love them! I love making the day special for someone. Hence why when I get a boyfriend (the day will come!) he will have the best day ever as I would plan everything to be perfect for him!

This was my first birthday away from the parents, so naturally it was going to be a tough one. After an 11am skype chat with mum and dad, plus a virtual lick on the nose from my dog Daisy (She leapt at the screen when seeing my enlarged head and thought "Yeah I'm gonna lick her face!") I was left to my own devices. This involved crying from homesickness and the lovely card from my mum and dad, eating and watching a DVD. What didn't help the homesickness but beats a card anyday was a phonecall from my brother. This is a rare occasion, so it must be treasured. It was lovely to hear from him and that he also was having a good birthday. For you see I am in fact a twin.....

When I tell people this they automatically assume that me and my brother share mental thoughts, and that when one of us feels pain so does the other. This is NOT TRUE! To be honest, i'm the one usually hitting him so why would I want to hurt myself as well?....

....I'm kidding!

So after a lovely meal with my 3 coursemates at Frankie and Benny's, followed by being sung at by the staff (including some very hot waiters) I went back home, where the homesickness kicked in again. I tell you, don't be alone when homesick, it doesn't help!

And I speak in experience at spending my first 2 weeks at uni crying for at least an hour and yelping down the phone to my mother "please take me home I beg of you!!" followed by some very good persuading from my mum that it will all work out soon!

However, this disappeared when I visited my friend across the road. She was giving me my birthday present, a Merlin magazine (OMGOMG SO HAPPY!!!) and some alcohol. I ended up spending the whole nght round their house and having a great time, including watching "Anchorman" for the first time (I highly recommend) and what I can only name as "The battle of MarioKart!"

It was epic!

H. x

No comments:

Post a Comment