Friday 30 December 2011

2 days and already a problem...

2 days. That's all this trip was. 2 days.

And, oh my, have I discovered one major problem with my life....

I am WAAAYYY too dependant on my phone!!

I mean I don't do it deliberately, but I have never realised how reliant I am on my phone, and how much I get stressed out when it doesn't do what I want it to do.

I was going to Cambridge to visit family, and little did I know that I was entering a place my phone did not want to venture. I loved the trip! I always look forward to seeing my family in Cambridge...aparantly my phone doesn't! As soon as we passed the "Welcome to Cambridge. Please drive carefully" sign, my phone signal went from a very respectable 3 bars to either "no service" or "emergancy"

I'm not going to lie, that annoyed me a little bit! I paid quite a lot for my phone and suddenly it has lost the in-ability to function as a phone! Even the little special feature of being able to access the internet became nothing. I usually check my facebook online (as you do) but because of my phone's lack of enthusiasm to work, that resulted in another blank screen for me. However, what I can only describe as my "Blonde moment of the day!", I kept staring at my phone, willing it to connect to the internet or grab even just 1 bar of signal. But no, even my puppy dog eyes at my phone (I got some weird looks from the family) wouldn't will it on to work. Dammit!

Now that i'm back home the phone is back to it's usual self, but i'm not. I'm going to start just using my phone for exactly what it is, A PHONE! No longer will Facebook dominate my life, no longer will I panic if my free texts don't work. There are more important things in life than mobile phones and Facebook (believe it or not) and I'm going to start focussing on them, instead of looking down at my phone...

...because you never know what might happen if you look up!

....well you could enjoy the scenery, avoid walking into a lampost etc.

H. x

No comments:

Post a Comment