Thursday 13 June 2013

Wigan is a word dammit!

***Might I suggest listening to this song on a loop while reading this, makes the post all the more magical...if not, it doesn't take anything away from it, I just think it's a nice tune...***

Long distance is tricky...and no i'm not talking about romantic long distance...well I am, but that's included under the general stuff, I mean long distance is tricky in general...

Wow that was confusing, I hope that made sense...don't worry if it doesn't, it will all become clear.

As you are (very much) aware, I now live in Folkestone...far far away from my friends in Essex and Stoke. Trying to keep up with everything going on is tricky, whether that means being on Facebook a lot more than I usually am (draining my phone battery), checking Twitter or just texting people, which is good to start, but looks a little creepy after a while.

Basically, it's hard to keep up with everything going on in your friendship group without looking like a stalker.

That actually feels good to finally get out there...

I'm a very social person, make that social networking or chatting face to face, but heading home for the summer means that even though I am closer to my mates in Essex, I'm further from the ones in Stoke, and vice versa when I head back to Stoke. I just can't catch a break, as Leonard from "The Big Bang Theory" would say...

Now besides dancing round my room alone looking like a weirdo, and watching 4od until I can't see straight is all well and good, but being home really has made me think about friends. You can't live without them, and whoever tells you otherwise clearly hasn't had a Two for Tuesdays with a friend, (lifesavers right there folks) and being home at the moment, I can truly say that friends are everything.

I think myself quite lucky that I have such a close relationship with both my mum and dad, and I consider them some of the closest friends I have, but I know that after a while, they just want some time away from their little princess (a nickname I gave myself for them to call me, you can tell I came up with that one...) so having other people to talk to is great...

...however Facebook/Twitter/Text can only help so much...

I'm heading down to Essex soon to see some of my friends, then heading to Wigan to see Swifty (Just pointing out now that my laptop doesn't recognise "Wigan" as a word...hehehe) and then possibly stopping in Stoke for a little while. I'd love to say that I love travelling, but I only love it if there's someone at the other end waiting for me eagerly.

Don't you just love that feeling of stepping off a train/bus and seeing that person you've been so looking forward to seeing for such a long time...and realising that they are just as excited as you?

Now I know how it feels to be arriving at that train station or bus station, and having to look around waiting for that one person to step out of the crowd to meet me, and not be there (take that for a metaphor if you want, I didn't intend it to be, but it kind of sounds like one) But I also know that if they could be there, they would be...who'd want to miss out on seeing you...yeah you!

So the next time you go to meet a friend you haven't seen in a long time, heck, even a friend you saw the other day, don't forget to greet them like you haven't seen them in years, believe me, it feels great for everyone!


Live Long and Prosper

H.x

No comments:

Post a Comment