Wednesday 21 March 2012

Hide the Malteasers, she's at it again....

Well it's been a while!

I'm not going to lie when I say the last 2 weeks have been some of the most stressful but fun times of my life. Everytime I sit at my laptop and think 'It should write a blog post' i'm absolutely knackered so I either go to bed or stay up to ridiculous times of the morning and face-plant my laptop...

...you think i'm kidding? It hurts when your head slaps straight into your keyboard...

The reason for my time away from WKD, Chinese, Drama: A full ton of words? One word: Drama. We had our production of "Joking Apart." For those who don't know the play (so most of you then?) the play is set around 4 parties that happen over the course of many years at the same house, headed by Anthea (me) and her partner Richard. You meet the new neighbours Hugh (who proclaims his love to Anthea...awkward...) and Louise (who goes nuts!!). You then meet Brian (works for Richard, loves Anthea... again, awkward) and his many girlfriends Melody, Mandy and Mo (all played by the same person). We lastly meet Sven (Richard's business partner) and Olive (Sven's wife). Overall it was a good giggle. Here have a looksie :)


Don't we all look happy? Thank you to Naina for the lovely picture.

So yes, this is the reason I've been so delayed in a blog post. I do apologise. However, this is only a small part of my 2 weeks. I've had coursework, a social life (oddly enough) and many other bothers hitting me in the head. Everything has got better admittedly: I'm sleeping a lot better than before, my shorthand has improved and (in my opinion) i'm sailing through law. You'd think i'd be happy with this, but OH NO I am aiming higher!

I've applied for the committee for Drama Society. I figured it's had such an impact on my life I should try and help it make a bigger impact on others too. I also think I'm doing the wrong course at university. This is NEVER a good thing. I love doing Broadcast Journalism, but it's missing something. I don't know what it is, but something is lacking...maybe my enthusiasm at the moment, but that's besides the point. I've also had (what I can describe) as a complicted social life. I overthink everything! My own mother said to me only 5 days ago "you'll do better with a man in a relationship if you didn't talk as much"...

...thanks mum...

However she does have a point. I talk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much when it comes to men. I just get so jittery y'know? If there's silence, my brain thinks something is wrong and decides "fill the air with pointless information...GO GO GO!!!" and I talk and talk and talk and talk and talk....you get my point. Also, I have the terrible nack of saying too much too soon. I honestly don't see the problem: I don't want to lead a guy on and if the only way of not leading them on in my eyes is to tell them something, then it's their own fault. However, not every man will agree with this so I tend to blow any chance of a relationship right out of the water!

I should probably just follow my mum's advice and shut up, but it never works, I just talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk.....

Till next time

H.x

No comments:

Post a Comment