Thursday 12 April 2012

There's more to life than exams...but they really don't help!

If life was fair:

1) I would have passed my driving test first time
2) Chocolate would be good for you
3) Petrol would be cheaper
4) I would only take exams that I will actually need!!!

As you can probably tell by the amount of exclamation points, plus the title of this blog, I have exams pretty much immenant. I have 2 coming up: Law for Journalists and (my arch nemisis) Shorthand. I, without a shadow of a doubt, hate Shorthand with a passion! I don't even need it for my chosen career path! I wish to be either: a presenter; a camera-woman or an editor. None of these require me to write stuff down at 60/80/100 words per minute. Even my own mother commented on my notebook as "full of doodles."

Now I'll be the first to admit I didn't see my chosen career paths until I arrived at university, but I do thnk that universities need to stop piling on the presure of needless exams. I know plenty of universities that do my course that don't even examine students in their first year. They teach all the details and skills and bring up the speed in the first year, then put them in the exams in the second year......OH C'MON!!!! Why can't we do that?!? Law is not a problem for me. I'm not meaning to sound too pretentious but Law for Journalists (compared to my other subjects) is my speciality. However, give me technical stuff to do and I am there!! But unfortunately it's sod's law that I finally find out what I want to do with my life and I've missed the deadlines for the modules. They had the perfect one for me but my brain doesn't kick into gear quick enough.

I've got the revision gear needed, I just lack the pure motivation. Things have started perking up for me in my personal life, so my brain just doesn't seem to care anymore.
Housten.....we have a problem.....

Hopefully by my next blog everything will be peaceful again. I can't be dealing with damaging my future because of 1 lousy exam!

Shorthand: You will NOT get the best of me!
I WILL kick your doodled butt!!!


H. x

No comments:

Post a Comment